Check out the cover!

Hi all,


My publisher, Guardian Angel Publishing, just sent me the cover art for my upcoming children's picture book, The Magic Violin.



More than anything, 8-year old Melina wants to become a good violinist. When she loses confidence, her Rumanian teacher Andrea decides it’s time for a magic dose of self esteem. A mysterious, old woman in rags gives Melina some curious advice; a violinist Russian hamster, who happens to live under the old woman's hat, offers her a virtuoso performance; a shooting star fills her with hope on Christmas Eve. Is Melina actually playing better, or has her violin become magic? Who is the old woman in the townsquare, and why does she wear the same emerald ring as her teacher Andrea?


The message of The Magic Violin is that real magic lies in believing in oneself, and that if we trust ourselves, we can accomplish anything. The story, written for 5 to 8 year olds, shows how being compassionate and generous can have its rewards. It also introduces children to music and other countries--Belgium, in this case.

This will be my first--and hopefully not last!--violin-related children's book. People who know me are familiar with my love for the violin and how it has inspired my work.

Comments

Amy C. Moreno said…
Mayra,
It's beautiful...captivating in the way the atmosphere is shown.