Writing Tips from Children's Author Suzanne Lieurance


Thank for you joining me here today for Day 4 of my 6-day virtual tour for my new middle grade historical novel, The Lucky Baseball: My Story in a Japanese-American Internment Camp. Today I'd like to offer some tips for writing historical fiction.

Besides writing for children, I also teach writing workshops for the Children's Writers' Coaching Club. Every month our club members get to listen and take part in 4 teleclasses about writing for children or the business of writing for children. I thought it might be more fun to let you listen in to one of our teleclasses today.

Just click this link to listen to a 55-minute teleclass called:

Bringing the Past to Life: Writing Historical Fiction for Middle Grade Readers

In this teleclass, fellow children's author Lila Guzman and I offer tips for writing historical fiction. I hope you'll read The Lucky Baseball and see how I used these tips to make the story of Harry Yakamoto and his family who lived in a Japanese-American Internment Camp come to life.

If you're interested in writing for children yourself, you can find out more about our other teleclasses and the Children's Writers' Coaching Club at www.cwcoachingclub.com.

Happy reading, happy listening, and happy writing!

Suzanne Lieurance

Just click here to listen to this free teleclass:






Comments

Lynda Coker said…
The Lucky Baseball sounds like a wonderful read for YA. Best of success with your tour from BOLD, the E-Zine for people who love blogs.

http://boldlc.blogspot.com
This comment has been removed by the author.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thanks for visiting my blog, I will surely visit yours again and again. I love writing and reading has always been my favorite way to relax and be entertained.
Hi, Mayra,

Thanks for hosting my virtual book tour today.

Happy weekend!
Datssocute said…
I love, love, love your blog! You have the job I'm working towards! You follow my blog at http://datssocute.blogspot.com I look forward to chatting with you sometime!
Anonymous said…
Thanks for following Mom is the Only Girl. I never really thought about what goes into writing a children's book before. I'm interested to read more posts!