Interview with Michelle Beber, author of 'Angels, Angels, Everywhere'

Michelle Beber has certifications as an Angel Intuitive and Angel Oracle Card Reader from renowned "angel lady," Doreen Virtue, as well as certifications as a Spiritual Teacher and Archangel Life Coach from Doreen's son, Charles Virtue.

In 2008, Michelle's life changed when she attended a spiritual retreat and learned about angels and how they communicate through repetitive number sequences known as "angel numbers." Little did she know that this insight would lead her on an amazing spiritual journey that would directly connect her with angels and result in the discovery of her life purpose.

Always grateful for the spiritual guidance she has received, Michelle looks forward to sharing the knowledge she has gained to inspire others, especially children. Michelle is a member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI).

Her latest book is the juvenile fiction/children’s picture book, Angels, Angels, Everywhere.

Do you consider yourself to be a born writer?

Yes. I believe each of us comes into this world with innate talents that are meant to be used to make the world a better place.  Some of us realize those talents earlier in life and others, like me, find our purpose later in life. 
  
Did you always want to be a writer?

I’ve always had a love of writing, but I didn’t have a career plan to be an author or journalist.  I enjoyed creative writing as a child and wrote poetry as a teen.  When I got to college, I chose Radio-TV-Film as my major with a desire to work in television production, but I also took many journalism classes and absolutely loved it!  That led to an internship in the NBC-TV Press and Publicity Department which included writing press releases.

I had hoped to find a job in publicity, but since those jobs were hard to come by, I ended up in the business and legal area of the entertainment industry.  Ironically, that knowledge has proven invaluable as I have moved into my career as an author.  I believe everyone learns what they need to know as they work toward their particular life purpose.

Everything I’ve learned in my life has prepared me to do what I’m doing.  Not only was I was blessed with the passion and ability to write, but also I have a keen aptitude for research.  I learned everything I could about copyright, the steps necessary to self-publish a book, the importance of branding and having an online presence, and how to market and promote your finished product. 

Tell us about your recent release. What was your inspiration for it?

My debut children’s picture book, Angels, Angels, Everywhere, was literally Divinely inspired.  I’m an “angel intuitive” which means that I’m able to “connect” with the angelic realm.  I’m also what’s known as a “lightworker” who’s working with Archangel Michael to bring God’s healing love and light to the world, especially to children.  I receive messages from angels, and some of those messages evolved into children’s picture book manuscripts. 

Tell us about your children's books.

With every book that I put into the marketplace, I hope to teach, touch, and entertain each reader.  That’s my “brand,” and I’ve trademarked the slogan:  To Teach, To Touch, To Entertain™. 

Do you have a website/blog where readers may learn more about you and your works?

Yes.  My website is www.michellebeber.com, and my blog is called www.heartofalightworker.com. 

Where are your books available?

My soft-cover book and e-book are available at www.amazon.com, www.barnesandnoble.com, and in the bookstore at www.balboapress.com.  

What type of book promotion works for you? Any special strategies you’d like to share?

I love social media, and I highly recommend it!  I never thought I’d ever say that because I used to think it was a ridiculous waste of time, but I’ve met so many wonderful, inspirational people who are genuinely interested in what I have to say and my work.

My Twitter presence led to an appearance on a blog talk radio show where I was interviewed and able to read my book.  You never know where or when an opportunity may arise, so be open to all possibilities.  You must have an online presence and connect with your target audience.

What advice would you offer aspiring writers?

The internet is filled with tons of information on traditional and self-publishing.  Do plenty of research on the different avenues available to you, and follow the path that is best suited to your particular circumstances.    

Don’t feel pressured to get your book out there.  It’s not a competition.  What’s meant for you will be yours because it’s part of your life purpose.  There’s room for everyone because we each bring our own unique flair to our creations.

If you’re passionate about writing, and you have ideas coming to you that you love, go for it!  Don’t let anything stop you from achieving your dream.  It’s what you were meant to do.  Stay positive, work hard, and have patience.  It can take a long time to put your book into the marketplace, but once you do, it’s the most gratifying feeling you’ll ever have.


We hear again and again that picture books are incredibly difficult to write. Why is that?

I’ve heard that too, but for some reason, they come very easily to me.  My opinion is if it’s difficult for you, then it’s probably not what you’re meant to be doing.  Writing shouldn’t be a chore.  It should flow naturally.  Of course, there will be an occasional “writer’s block,” but overall, the process should move along smoothly, and it should be enjoyable! 

How do you see the future of children’s picture books?

I’m hoping my books will inspire other writers to contribute to the rapidly growing children’s self-help category.  There are lots of great books out there that are fun to read, but I think books that empower children are also just as important, and they can be done in an entertaining way as well. 

Is there anything else you’d like to say to our readers?

If you know in your heart and soul that writing is your passion, go for it!  Have confidence in your abilities, and don’t let anyone else’s opinions stop you from pursuing your dream.  Keep your thoughts positive, and you’ll manifest a positive outcome.  Stay true to who you are, and learn to have patience.  Great things take time.

Comments